MBA in Customs Management
MBA in Customs management is jointly offered by ESAMI and Centre for Customs and Excise Studies (CCES), University of Canberra, Australia.
Generic courses are offered in the evening from 5.00 pm - 10.00 pm for two weeks in every three months. Specialised Customs Management courses run for four consecutive weeks during the day.
The evening class MBA is offered in the ESAMI member countries. These venues are located in Arusha, Mwanza and Dar es Salaam, Tanzania; Nairobi, Kenya; Kampala, Uganda; Lusaka, Zambia; Lilongwe and Blantyre, Malawi; Harare, Zimbabwe; Windhoek and Oshakati, Namibia; Mbabane, Swaziland; Maputo, Mozambique and Mahe, Seychelles.
Total fee for the 2-year degree programme is US$8,840. Advance payments are made annually or per semester by arrangement. The fee covers tuition and limited materials. It does not include text books among other exclusions.
Candidates eligible for Masters programmes must possess the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree from a recognized University or equivalent.
- Internationally recognized full professional qualification. Candidates must have passed ALL qualifying examinations
- Proficiency in both spoken and written English
- At least three years of work experience
The candidate must submit an application form with the following:
- Current curriculum vitae
- Certified copy of degree or professional certificate
- Certified copy of official transcript
- At least one letter of recommendation from a person who is in a position to judge the candidate’s ability
- A non-refundable processing fee of US $30
Generic MBA Courses
1. GM 601 General Management and Organizational Behaviour
2. GE 601 Gender in Management
3. MM 601 Marketing Management
4. QM 601 Quantitative Methods
5. FG 601 Financial Management & Accounting for Managers
6. HR 601 Human Resources Management
7. RM 601 Research Methods
8. IP 601 International Procurement
9. FM 601 International Finance and Financial Markets
10. SL 601 Global Supply Chain and Logistics Management
11. CS 601 Global Corporate Strategy
12. CI 601 Commodity Markets and International Trade
Specialized Customs Management Courses
13. CM 601 Customs Management Theory and Practice
14. RC 601 International Customs Law
15. IC 601 Regulatory Compliance Management
16. CR 601 Customs Reform and Modernization
17. RM 610 Master Thesis (On a Customs Issue) 24