Master of Public Administration
The programme is specifically designed for Management Executives working in the Public sector. It also provides for development of junior and senior managers that are part of the succession plan for executive leadership. The programme is jointly offered by ESAMI and Seychelles Institute of Management (SIM).
The programme is offered on a part-time basis. The first three courses will be delivered back to back over three weeks. Thereafter, two courses will be run for two weeks in every two months. Classes run from 5.00 pm to 10.00 pm.
The evening class MPA is offered in the ESAMI member countries. These venues are located in Arusha, Mwanza and Dar es Salaam, Tanzania; Nairobi, Kenya; Kampala, Uganda; Lusaka, Zambia; Lilongwe and Blantyre, Malawi; Harare, Zimbabwe; Windhoek and Oshakati, Namibia; Mbabane, Swaziland; Maputo, Mozambique and Mahe, Seychelles.
Total fee for the 2-year degree programme is US$6,500. Advance payments are made annually or per semester by arrangement. The fee covers tuition and limited materials. It does not include text books among other exclusions.
Candidates eligible for Masters programmes must possess the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree from a recognized University or equivalent.
- Internationally recognized full professional qualification. Candidates must have passed ALL qualifying examinations
- Proficiency in both spoken and written English
- At least three years of work experience
The candidate must submit an application form with the following:
- Current curriculum vitae
- Certified copy of degree or professional certificate
- Certified copy of official transcript
- At least one letter of recommendation from a person who is in a position to judge the candidate’s ability
- A non-refundable processing fee of US $30